This kit has been specially designed for educational and research purposes. It's available in a solderless kit, using connectors for a fast and easy build. This is ideal when the drone is serving the purpose as a platform for other equipment and testing rather than just being about building a drone. We've taken what we believe to be the best platform and 'corrected' the drawbacks of the other kits on the market (power system and prop restrictions). The frame provides plenty of space for mounting equipment as well as a separate vibration damped plate on a rail system for sensors, cameras or any other additional devices.
- Motors that accomodate standard propellers and locknuts rather than proprietary mounts that only fit one propeller type and often spin off when using modern ESCs with good braking ability. The proprietary propellers are expensive, often unavailable and do not allow the choice of different size and pitch
- Larger motor (2812 vs typical 2216) allows for greater flexibility in choice of propeller and battery options - 3S to 6S power, 8" to 12" props. This allows easy adjustment for different payloads and flight duration
- Upgrade to modern BLHeli32 ESCs capable of handling 6S power and 45A of current (other kits use 16 bit, 4S 20A ESCs). These 32 bit ESCs feature telemetry and bidirectional DSHOT capability to take advantage of the latest flight controller features like RPM filtering, logging and other user configurable settings within the ESC.
- Holybro X500 frame kit (includes basic tools required for assembly)
- Holybro Power Distribution Board with XT60 and XT30 connectors
- XT60 Extension
- 4pcs 2812 900kv motor with MR30 connector
- 4pcs BLHeli32 slim ESC with connectors
- set of 4 HQ MR1045 propellers
Recommended battery for Standard configuration (10" props) 4S 3000 - 5200