The second motor in the Rotorgeeks 7075 series, the 2206-2350kv is purpose built for spinning 5" triple blade props. Like the popular 2205-2700kv motor, this is machined from 7075-T6 aircraft grade aluminum, with almost 3 times the tensile strength of traditional 6063. The case design has been engineered for maximum strength and impact resistance. More material in key structural areas, spans, mounting hole clearance and other potential points of failure in a high speed impact. Shafts are secured into the rotor both mechanically and with a high strength adhesive to make shaft slippage and vertical play a thing of the past. The shaft is held in place at the base with a standard e-clip, making servicing and parts replacement easier than ever.
We believe the 7075 Series is the toughest miniquad motor on the market.
The 2206-2350kv carries all the features of its predecessor
- Single wire winding - offering high current capability and heat tolerance (up to 180°C). Most of the high perfornance custom wound motors use this technique rather than multi strand wire. Why is it unusual? The larger wire gauge can't be wound by machine...
- Hand wound - even with all the automation available today, nothing matches the accuracy of skilled human. The heavier gauge wire used in the Rotorgeeks motors demands hand winding
- Fully serviceable - right from the start we wanted to be able to repair and replace every part of the motor to handle crashes as well as wear and tear. Bearings are not glued in place. All parts are available separately - rotor w/shaft, stator, bearings, clips and shims.
- The little things
- Dynamically balanced rotors
- Case design was engineered for light weight and maximum cooling and airflow to the windings.
- The prop height has been set a little higher to reduce the likelihood of props striking the ESC.
- Greater clearance from the base to the windings to afford more tolerance on long mounting screws (without hitting the windings)
- The integrated prop adapter provides a comfortable but not too tight fit on HQ props
- Japanese NMB bearings
- shaft permanently fixed into rotor
- N45SH high temp magnets and 0.2mm steel laminations for stator (we've noticed some manufacturers moving to even more powerful N52 magnets but we don't think this is a good idea as they are not available with high temperature ratings - they will permanently demagnetize if overheated!)
- Shaft and clip are completely recessed - the motor can be mounted on a flat surface without the need for a hole in the centre of the motor mount (nothing sticks out the bottom)
- Each motor comes with a hardware kit that includes a nylock nut, standard nut and M3x6 hex head motor mount screws and washers. The screws are good for arms ranging from 2.5 - 4mm thick.
JUST ARRIVED - THRUST TESTS ON PRODUCTION MOTORS COMING SHORTLY!
- Stator: 22mm wide X 6mm high
- Stator slots / poles: 12/14
- Weight: 32g
- Mounitng pattern: 16x19mm