The SAM-M10Q is a GPS using multi-constellation GNSS module powered by u-blox SAM-M10Q-00B.
It features the u-blox M10 standard precision GNSS platform and provides exceptional sensitivity and acquisition time for all L1 GNSS signals. It also supports concurrent reception of four GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou).
The high number of visible satellites enables the receiver to select the best signals. This maximizes the position availability, in particular under challenging conditions such as in deep urban canyons. u-blox Super-S (Super-Signal) technology offers great RF sensitivity and can improve the dynamic position accuracy in non-line-of-sight scenarios.
The high-gain 15x15mm2 patch antenna provides the best balance between performance and small size. The omnidirectional antenna radiation pattern increases flexibility for device installation.
Need more details about the SAM-M10Q, check out u-blox SAM-M10Q page
- GNSS u-blox SAM-M10Q-00B (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou)
- No Magnetic Compass built-in
- Patch antenna 15*15*4mm
- Input voltage range: 4~9V (5V pad/pin)
- Power consumption: 10mA
- UART baudrate: 9600 default
- Operating Temperatures: -20~80 °C
- UART(TX, RX) interface for GNSS SAM-M10Q-00B
- JST-GH-4P connector (SM04B-GHS-TB). 1.27mm pitch
- GNSS PPS LED, Green. (Solid ON after powering on, blinking(1Hz) when GNSS get 3D fix)
- Protocol: UBX(u-blox) 5Hz@GPS+GAL+BDS B1C+GLO or NMEA 1Hz
- SAM-M10Q step file here
- SAM-M10Q 5V to Flight controller 4~9V
- SAM-M10Q RX to Flight controller UART_TX
- SAM-M10Q TX to Flight controller UART_RX
- SAM-M10Q G to Flight controller GND
Tips and Notes:
- INAV 5.0.0, Betaflight 4.3.0, ArduPilot 4.3 or newer is required.
- UBlox NEO-M9N, MAX-M10S, SAM-M10Q series all don’t have dataflash built in. Once GNSS is powered off and the super-capacitor runs out, the settings will back to default.
- UBX protocol is bidirectional. Flight controller firmware can change settings on GPS via UBX protocol. You don’t need to set GNSS module Baud and Frequency in u-center.
- The default configuration on SAM-M10Q-00B with ublox FW 5.1 is concurrent reception of GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou B1C with QZSS and SBAS enabled.
- Start with u-blox GNSS FW3.01, timepulse is aligned with UTC time and that time is set valid only after leap second is downloaded. That could take up to 12.5min. Probably PPS LED will not blink immediately after GPS has 3D fixed.
- The SAM-M10Q provides the ability to reset the receiver. Bridging “RST” pad to Ground for at least 100ms will trigger a cold start. RESET will delete all information and trigger a cold start. It should only be used as a recovery option. If you are sure the wiring and setup are all right but the flight controller can’t detect the GNSS module(grey GPS icon), try doing a reset.
- The scratches on ceramic antenna are the result of tuning the antenna.
- Troubleshoot GPS related issues here
- u-center Windows here
- 1x SAM-M10Q
- 1x JST-GH-4P to JST-GH-4P 20cm silicon wire