Upgraded material to 7075-T6 aircraft grade aluminum, with almost 3 times the tensile strength of traditional 6063. The case design has been re-engineered for maximum strength and impact resistance. More material in key structural areas, spans, mounting hole clearance and other potential points of failure in a high speed impact. Shafts are secured into the rotor both mechanically and with a high strength adhesive to make shaft slippage and vertical play a thing of the past. The shaft is now held in place at the base with a standard e-clip, making servicing and parts replacement easier than ever.
We believe the 7075 Series is the toughest miniquad motor on the market.
The 2204-2300 was first of a series of high performance multirotor motors designed and manufactured to our specs. These are not simply rebranded motors. Every element has passed rigorous design, lab and flight testing over a 6 month period and is a reflection of our perspective on what makes an ideal multirotor motor.
Also available with presoldered bullet connectors here.
- Single wire winding - offering high current capability and heat tolerance (up to 180°C). Most of the high perfornance custom wound motors use this technique rather than multi strand wire. Why is it unusual? The larger wire gauge can't be wound by machine...
- Hand wound - even with all the automation available today, nothing matches the accuracy of skilled human. The heavier gauge wire used in the Rotorgeeks motors demands hand winding
- Fully serviceable - right from the start we wanted to be able to repair and replace every part of the motor to handle crashes as well as wear and tear. Bearings are not glued in place. All parts are available separately - rotor, stator, bearings, clips and shims.
- The little things
- Dynamically balanced rotors
- Case design was engineered for light weight and maximum cooling and airflow to the windings.
- The prop height has been set a little higher to reduce the likelihood of props striking the ESC.
- Greater clearance from the base to the windings to afford more tolerance on long mounting screws (without hitting the windings)
- The integrated prop adapter provides a comfortable but not too tight fit on HQ props
- A larger, easy to remove c-clip was chosen
- Japanese NMB bearings
- shaft uses a grub screw so vertical play is adjustable in the event of a shift
- N45SH magnets and 0.2mm steel laminations for stator
- Shaft and clip are completely recessed - the motor can be mounted on a flat surface without the need for a hole in the centre of the motor mount (nothing sticks out the bottom)
- Each motor comes with a hardware kit that includes a nylock nut, standard nut and hex head motor mount screws and washers.
The 2204-2300kv is the most popular size motor for machines in the 180 to 270mm class. It matches up with a wide range of props for both 3S and 4S power.
Check out one of our motor testers, the lightning fast Matty Stuntz flying Rotorgeeks 2204-2300s and RG20 ESCs
Stator: 22mm wide X 4mm high
Stator slots / poles: 12/14
Weight: 25g with 3cm of motor wire